I think I'll follow the voice that calls within
Dance to the silent song it sings
I hope to find my place
So my life can fall in place
I know in time I'll find my place
In the greater scheme of things

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

LIFE EVENT: Sir Chief happened

I signed up for a full marathon run un aware of what's in it for me, I did not know what I was getting into, all I wanted that time was to do something that not everybody could do, something that I could really be proud of. And then I started training. The beginning was a disappointment, I was always left behind everytime we were out running in groups. Because of this, I promised myself to run more, train harder. And then I got addicted to running.

When I run I feel free. When I run I feel invincible. When I run especially when the distance gets longer and I can barely feel my legs, I feel infinite.

Never did I expect that in the course of fulfilling this marathon dream, during the hardest days of training I would meet somebody who will make me feel free, invincible, infinite all at the same time even if I do not run.

It was a freezing January Saturday morning in Nuvali when I first talked to him. He was so confident about his skin that he talked a lot and to everybody even though he doesn't really know them. He was so relaxed talking to everyone like all of us was a big happy barkada.

Marathoners know how painful and really difficult it is to train for the marathon day itself, it brings out the best as well as the worst in you. And maybe because we've been through a lot of hard times together that we became a little closer to each other in that relatively short span of time. About three months ago, I did not believe in love at first sight, Im not saying that it happened to me, its just that after everything that I've been through, I've changed my mind. The span of falling in love with someone is really dependent on each and every individual. One person's feeling is very very different from another.

I've been a jerk magnet for the longest time. I've played and been played with love over and over. But so far, he is a lot different from everybody. Comparing him to people I've mingled with, well he's not the most handsome,not the most gentleman,  not the most intelligent, not even the man in my dreams but it has never really mattered, not a single day. Who wants perfect? Perfect is boring. And well, in my case the perfect one never cross my mind because there's nothing in there but him. Age gap is a matter that I've been dealing with people and rarely with my own self. 20 years, that's too much isn't it? Even if a lot of my friends tell me that age doesn't matter, at the end of the day, it will and I will still not care. People will judge, people will say nasty things to me and to us but I don't care. These people aren't the reason of my happiness, they aren't the reason of my good day.

They say that when you've found true love, never ever let go of it for it happens rarely and most of the time just once in a span of a lifetime.

What we have is special. I cant assure if it is true love, I hope and pray it is. I am very willing to fight for it because I know it will be worth it. Just like the marathon journey, our relationship is not going to be easy. Not everybody will like it, almost everybody will tell me to get off it but I have made my mind that whatever they tell me or to people behind my back, whatever they do to put me off this relationship, I will not falter.

Even if it is rough and winding, I chose this journey because I have never been this happy in my life. Struggles and haters are normal, I would always thank them for because of them that our relationship becomes more interesting and with whatever obstacle they put us through, we become and will become stronger.

*17th Day of April 2013
14:17 
And to my own version of Sir Chief, thank you for still loving me even though I have  mood swings, even if Im so lazy, even if I always keep you up at night, even if I always leave you during our runs, even if Im so ugly and all the bad things I that I am. Let me love you as much as you love me. Thank you that most of the time I am overwhelmed by your love.
Thank God for that Monday afternoon after our marathon, it was that afternoon that I fell in love with the best man in this universe! I cant help myself but to fall for this guy who sat with me by the beach, argued with me about the big and small dipper and just made me laugh all evening.
You are the best thing that happened to me. :)
I love you Jap. :)
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT