I think I'll follow the voice that calls within
Dance to the silent song it sings
I hope to find my place
So my life can fall in place
I know in time I'll find my place
In the greater scheme of things

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

UP Baguio Oblation Run

December 16, 2011
On a freezing Friday night at Baguio City, just hours after I arrived at the coolest place in the Philippines. 

It draws its name from the Oblation, a statue of a nude man located in every University of the Philippines (UP) campus, which symbolizes "a selfless offering of one’s self to the country."

It was my first time to witness the Lantern Parade and Dance of the Brave (Oblation Run). I was with my BS Biology friends who are studying in UP Baguio, luckily one of them is a member of the Alpha Phi Omega who does the annual Oblation run as part of their tradition.

 

They entered the crowd unannounced and they left me dumbfounded. 
 

I stood there frozen like a statue, speechless and amazed on how brave these guys were as they run naked through the crowd of UP students shouting, figuring out who they were and waiting for some  precious roses from them.
All I did that moment was to tick my camera and capture some precious memories and hopefully get a nice  picture


And if given another chance, I will still watch Oblation Run not because of then naked hot guys but because I want to witness how they strive to preserve their tradition and continue the legacy of their fraternity.

5 comments:

  1. kudos ako sa lalaking umakyat at nag oblation. may conviction siya sa vision nang unibersidad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have the 2013 baguio oblation run? galing nang video screen nila.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No this is sexist how come bunch of women free to see group of men 100% naked at public and legal? they even free to laugh, and even photo it every fucking year? can you imagine if situation reverse society will get mad and take it seriously even the women just half naked like just bikini on campus...That is sexist.

    and don't ever BULLSHIT of women not like that-guy body, there are many many women gathered there with her camera, even she is not horny she can found male body attractive too, the point is we can't have doublestandard where men see women even just semi naked>> wrong&banned, but women see men 100% naked at public>> accepted& legal...this make me sick don't try to justified that women see men naked are okey HYPOCRITE

    ReplyDelete
  4. your argument that said women not as horny as men, find men body not attractive DOESNT justified U to keep the double standard in legal system, if men dont see women naked then women have no rights to see men naked too, also it contrast u know women just remove t-shirt will count disrespect women by men but men 100%naked at public accepted, very very sexist...tell to all of your filipino friend!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree. These lusty women in the Philippines are shameless and low-class! If it was a large group of men watching some nude females running around, laughed, humiliated, and took photos and videos, it would have been banned long time ago. This type of double standard must be stopped and condemned!! Women should not expect men to fight for justice for them if they condone or enjoy the Oblation run. Women in the Philippines must stop this, otherwise they are regarded as the most lascivious and shameless whores on earth!!!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT