I think I'll follow the voice that calls within
Dance to the silent song it sings
I hope to find my place
So my life can fall in place
I know in time I'll find my place
In the greater scheme of things

Thursday, April 7, 2011

so finally...

after four long, sleepless, stressful yet fun-filled, productive and didactic years I am now done with you BS Pharmacy!

I am happy, who wont be! but in the midst of ecstasy, there's sadness. we are leaving. we wont be in the same classroom for about twelve hours five days a week anymore. its about time for the real life, the real world. :|

thats why now im nostalgic but ill keep it brief. :|

so finally i am graduating...

Four years ago, the first time I stepped on the corridors of 2nd floor in the Main Building, I said to myself "Geez, this will be my home for four long years. can i do this?"
each day I leave my house, I pack light and bring only the essentials but that Monday morning was different. I brought every bit I can: bag, pen, paper, pencil, sharpener, crayons [yeah, I remember bringing this], scissors, extra uniform [I still dont now why I brought this, but yes, I did], handkerchief, money, food, water, courage, positivity, extra smiles, extra patience, humor, my shallow English vocabulary and common sense [just in case]. That day, I guess, I was ready for whatever or whoever.
and so there was I, as what most freshmen look, totally lost and don't have any clue of where to go, when i finally found our classroom [room 21~something. i forgot]. it was cold inside, a little silent and awkward. it was my first time to enter a room where I do not know anyone. I was frightened.  Should I speak in English or Tagalog? should I talk to them first or will I wait until they speak to me? Is it okay to sit where ever i want to? Will there be anybody here who is going to be a long term friend? I was nauseous.

Weeks passed by and the environment became ordinary and soothing, I realized that time, I was HOME. I gained friends, been introduced to many different past-time activities, brought to alot of leisure places and built my study habits [dont deny it, we all have study habits!]

Claire, Pam and Shen (she transferred at La Salle after our second year) were my first friends who then became my housemates, then Rama, Rona and Cyndrill's group merged with us and then Neil and Laurie came in. They became my friends. Long-term friends. Never did I thought that I would be blessed with such friends who were in the journey with me through good times and bad. They are one of the few reasons why I survived and enjoyed my college life.


Being in UST Faculty of Pharmacy, I experienced most of my firsts, some of which I would never thought I'd experience in my lifetime. It was my  first time to be at school for at least thirteen solid hours and  still have alot of homework, reports, and take-home stuffs to be done! I could still vividly remember those sleepless nights when we would have reports the next day and quiz in every subject (most of which is a 5unit course) and assignments and thesis experiments and/or deadlines and classes starts at 7 am. Those were the reasons why we endure sleepless nights which gives us, well specifically me, alot of huge eye bags. It was my first time to have those kind of big, red, swollen eyes which wants to close but dont have the right to because the professor in front who is frantically lecturing appears to be frightening. It was also my first time to experience sleeping for a maximum of 6 hours (during weekdays) and when times get worse, we are spared with two hours of sleep. I also had the chance to travel to alot new places for both research and leisure. It was my first time to walk along the corridor sometimes to have at least the chance to see my crush (you know-who), learned to drink till [we] drop, learned how to correctly puff a cigarette, go to school with a hang-over, review in a beerhouse for a final exam, go home during the wee hours (or not at all), eat alone, kill time, study inside the library, appreciate silence, long free hours and fresh air, use facebook as source of review material, watch a UAAP Game in Araneta and Phil.Sports Complex, see the Master of the Dominican Order, see alot of Pyromusicals for free, MY NAME TO BE PUT IN A TIME CAPSULE and alot more!

Now we are leaving...
[It is time to face the reality which our university prepared us for.]
Even if our journey as pharmacy students seemed to be miserable and looks like it sucks, truth is, it doesnt! Four years was a fun ride! We may not have much time to hang-out in every place we want to, we still had one hell of a college experience which we will never forget for the rest of our lives.
While you are in some place chilling, we are in the Laboratory learning and laughing our lungs out because of an experiment done and funny ways how we manipulated the results for it to be POSITIVE! :))
While you are in the club partying, we are in our rooms chilling  on one table with our friends who wont get drunk with alcohol but will act and look exactly the same as your drunk friend because of different mind-boggling pages after pages of pharmacology stuffs.
And while you are dismissed early from class, we are still in the same room enjoying the company of our beloved classmates until the darkness creeps across the corners of our university.
Simple memories are what we remember for the longest time and these memories are built mostly in the company of friends and/or classmates in a peaceful place.

College taught me alot of things about life besides the nerdy part.
How to be independent is my favorite of them all. Im living for four years [and counting] in a place where there is no rules and no one to control me. I can basically do whatever i want to: ruin my life or do something to make it amazing to live in.

 Here I am, a day from having by bachelor's degree, proved something to everyone. :)

 I will definitely miss our University especially the Faculty of Pharmacy (2nd floor of Main Building).

*plus my college crush. :)) [well, he'll always be my crush even after college]


Its been a pleasure living in the grounds of the Royal Pontifical Catholic University of Sto. Tomas where the presence of God is forever felt, good friends is just a blink away, love is always in the atmosphere and peace is everywhere.

Maningat, Maria Eda I.
Seat No: 28 (oftentimes)
1F . 2F . 3F . 4E Pharmacy
UST Faculty of Pharmacy
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT