I think I'll follow the voice that calls within
Dance to the silent song it sings
I hope to find my place
So my life can fall in place
I know in time I'll find my place
In the greater scheme of things

Thursday, March 1, 2012

yosi?

It was supposed to be a boring evening, alone at my dorm room with some TV host frantically speaking in the background while I was trying to read for a pharmacology quiz in two days when I thought of doing something unusual for someone like me that time (3rd year, 2nd semester just began: College)

So there was my spontaneous self, as usual coming alive again because of the monotony of life that week, when I thought of doing something new, something that I used to hate from people: puff a cigarette( my first). I bought a stick of Marlboro Lights Menthol from Manang sidewalk vendor infront of Wendy's Dapitan and then went in front of Pampanga's Best which I chose because of the dim lighting and smoked my first stick of yosi. I didn't like it. I think every first timer will never like it unless he/she is a hypocrite. It tastes bad, not only your breathe but every string of your top clothing and your fingers will smell like you just burned a house and the nausea it brings feels almost like a hang-over (to the first timers).

Friday after that evening, as usual, we ended up drinking some in Tapsi to treat ourselves a little after a week's work at school, when I tried to puff my second stick, the second time was alot better, then a third stick until I thought I was going to be hooked up with it but because of my intoxication with a relatively lot of beer bottles, I forgot about the cigarette thing and it became irrelevant.

Morning after that, I realized that I am not capable of being a chain smoker because my body and brain wont tolerate the nicotine and I can not continue living as a chain smoker because of the obvious lot more reasons not to than the very few reasons to continue doing it.

As of now, I only smoke whenever im really stressed out and pressured or whenever a problem is about to consume me. I puff a cigarette to relieve my worn out mind and body and to calm me down when ever I am very angry or about to cry or shout out really loud. Sometimes I smoke because of peer pressure, just to look cool, but i do that seldom because I find that pointless and life threatening. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT