I think I'll follow the voice that calls within
Dance to the silent song it sings
I hope to find my place
So my life can fall in place
I know in time I'll find my place
In the greater scheme of things

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Chasing my Dream: 42.195 km on February 24, 2013 Tthe Bull Runner: Dream Marathon)



My last real long run was two years ago when, from out of nowhere, I decided to join Team Sinarapan's Run for Lake Buhi.
I trained for three weeks under the well lit roads of UST .
Before and after  that period, I used running to waste time and "get fit", there was even a moment when I thought running isnt for me.

My brother, who is now an ultramarathoner (finished 100k in TNF 100) started the craze about running when it wasnt this popular yet. he finished his first full marathon in the first The Bull Runner Dream Marathon about four years ago.








It was then when I first met The Bull Runner herself, Jaymie Pizzaro, who has been my "running inspiration" and Coach Jim Lafferty who wrote our training program which I try to follow religiously.











When I registered for The Bull Runner's Dream Marathon slot online, I was still unsure of what I was signing up for. I took my successful registration a sign from God; that I will do it and that I could do it.

But why?
(My story might be boring and pointless for a couple of people but it is what it is. This is why I am going to run a  marathon.)

After passing the board exam last June, nothing good was happening so I felt that my life is been down low. When I got a job in a well-known hospital in Makati, I thought that it would bring me fulfillment and joy, but after few months on my first work, while the job fulfills me as a pharmacist, I wasnt happy, I didnt know why, I wanted to keep moving but I didnt want to resign yet, then I felt that I hit rock bottom, "quarter-life crisis" as when they call it. So I was constantly looking for something to do aside from work, something that I could enjoy, spend my extra time and energy on and have a fulfillment after. Then my brother who is now an ultramarathoner went home from Singapore for a short business trip here, he reminded me of running, of how people could break boundaries with it. So I thought, "I will run a marathon."And then things happened so fast after it. The Bull Runner's Dream Marathon, a marathon specially for first and second time marathoners has just announced its registration date. It is with TBR DM where my brother ran his first full FM and I was there to cheer him and i saw how important every runner is and how they would cheer for you from the beginning until you cross that finish line. So I chose TBR DM for my first full marathon: February 24.

This is something that is as important as graduating in college, as important as passing the board exam, this is my dream and I am going to cross that finish line on february 24 and I am going to fulfill my marathon dream.

I have been training for two weeks now, following the TBR DM program by Coach Jim Lafferty.


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT